Sunday 17 February 2013

Margate = Margreat!

This weekend I went to Margate, we got cheap train tickets as part of the Mary Portas pilot scheme. As you may know I LOVE seaside towns, and much of my previous work is based on my visits to British Seaside towns.








We also visited the Turner Contemporary Gallery, which was buzzing with visitors and has some exciting installation art. 

Margate is a beautiful town, but very run down. I really hope that the Portas scheme and other investments can regenerate it, as the views and the light over the sea is quite stunning. 

1 comment:

Nick Morley said...

Hi Menna,
Love your work! I am a linocut artist and illustrator based in Margate. I am setting up a printmaking studio here. There is so much happening here at the moment. Let me know if you want to come and visit again!
Nick Morley (Linocutboy)
linocutboy.com